It may be something to do with spring or prom season or impending summer vacation, but the teenagers are getting restless at Pop Culture Reverie and In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood. We have to give them their own blogathon before they run wild in the streets. It will be anarchy, I tell you. Anarchy! To prevent the teenpocalypse, we’re having a teen movie blogathon 16-19 May 2019.
And now for you gals and guys, a few words to the wise:
- Chosen movies must be about characters ages 12-19. And so, my fans and friends, think It to Animal House as the bookends.
- Since there are so many films to choose from and teens are easily bored, we’re staying groovy and only allowing one duplicate per movie.
- The teens will be studying for finals and planning for prom, so a maximum three entries per blog lest their brains explode.
- If you don’t have a blog and still want to participate, don’t be a wallflower. Put on your dancing shoes, and let me or Crystal know. We can post the entry on one of our blogs.
- It’s a young world, so all entries must be fresh. No old posts allowed.
For all you rebels without a cause, these are the laws. We have to stick to ‘em, or it will be anarchy. See above.
So bring your surfboards, hot rods, poodle skirts, and red windbreakers. We’re going to rock & roll all night and party every day—for four days.
Pop Culture Reverie: Summer of 84 & Firstborn
In the Good Old Days of Classic Movies: Splendor in the Grass; To Sir, With Love
Thoughts All Sorts: 10 Things I Hate about You (1999)
Pale Writer: Heathers (1989); A Date with Judy (1948)
Poppity Talks Classic Film: Stealing Beauty (1996)
Dubism: Bad Boys (1983)
Overture Books and Film: Can’t Hardly Wait (1998)
Cinematic Scribblings: Peppermint Soda (1977)
18 Cinema Lane: Lean on Pete (2017)
Realweegiemidget Reviews: Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)
The Midnite Drive-In: Back to the Future trilogy
It Came from the Man Cave: Say Anything… (1989)
The Stop Button: Eighth Grade (2018)